1. whenever ur hungry just poke at your fat, squeeze it.. remember how much you want to get rid of it. then think about whether or not you still want that cookie or popcorn or whatever your craving. #fatlastslongerthanflavor.
2. it takes 4 weeks for you to begin to notice change in your body… don’t give up.
3. 100 calories of junk is still junk. Remember that next time you even consider consuming even half of a potato chip, m&m, gummi worm etc.
4. remember… every calorie is WAR. #fatlastslongerthanflavor
5. black coffee is not only 0 calories… but it also speeds up your metabolism.
6. After 2pm apples are considered a carb because your body doesnt have enough time to digest it properly before bed. What can we take from this? Apples are not a late night snack.
7. You can’t achieve your goals without discipline. Drop the junk food. Do 100 jumping jacks.
8. Lets do a little math…
eating slower + digesting quicker = getting full faster. Less calorie intake!
9. water, water, water… oh and more water! It fills up your tummy and sustains hunger. Drink a glass of water 15 minutes before you eat; this way, your fuller and eat less. Also, drink during the meal to help fill you up.
10. Never eat on impulse. When you get hungry, wait until the end of the hour to eat anything. Give yourself time to decide if you really are hungry, or just bored.
11. Move around. Bounce your feet, wiggle your fingers, every little calorie counts.
12. Feel your bones. Wrap your hands around your waist. Touch your hip bones and your collar bones. You don’t want to lose those bones, do you?
13. Pick a time of night to stop eating after. Most people stop eating after 6:00pm.
14. keep your wallet at home. if you dont have money, you wont buy food.
15. Exercise before you eat. It will give you more time to think over what you really want to eat, and when you do eat you’ll be more comfortable with it since you just burned some calories.
16. Get your sleep. Not sleeping will slow down your metabolism and will make you more likely to over-eat.
17. Work on your posture. When you sit and stand up straight you look taller AND thinner. You also burn more calories.
18. Do something you enjoy instead of eating. Take a bath, play with a pet, read a book, exercise, do whatever works for you.
*extra tip: Stay away from chewing gum as the constant chewing motion of your jaw swells the muscle, making your face look bloated. Stick to mints!
19. Feeling snacky? Have a mint to occupy your mouth instead of eating. Its better to have mints out of impulse rather than junk food and regret it later.
20. Rather than having one main goal, create a few mini goals for yourself. Through this, you’ll feel more accomplished and less over whelmed. It’ll prevent you from feeling discouraged.
21. Set yourself a realistic body image goal that you want to reach but make sure its fit to your body type so that you’ll actually be able to get there. Get a picture of your goal body type; look at it when your discouraged or feeling like you want to binge.
22. When your discouraged and feeling weak, think about how good you’ll look and feel in that sexy lace tank top, or those super short shorts or that little black dress you’ve been dreaming of. Aim for that perfect bikini bod.
23. if you’re going to skip a meal, don’t make it breakfast. It gets your metabolism going which is key in weight loss.
24. throughout the day, your largest meal should be at breakfast. From there on, your meals should be becoming smaller; this calls for a light dinner. This is because as the day goes on and it moves closer to the time that you will be going to sleep, your body had less and less time to digest and the fat you consume is just going to sit in your tummy; it wont get burned off or fully digested. Stick to lighter meals for lunch and lightest meals for dinner. Also, skip the midnight snack and go to bed ;)
25. a good snack when you’re feeling munchie is a quacker original rice cake. this means its the none flavoured one.it kinda taste like popcorn to me and 1 is only 35 calories but because it takes so long to chew it feels like you’re eating a lot more and its a pretty fair size. just make sure to stick to one and dont over do it and end up eating half the pack. thats a mistake a lot of us make with snacking. its all about control.
26. Eat from a smaller plate. not only does it help you control your portions, but you will end up eating less.
27. According to the poll that was recently on my blog, there was a portion of you that voted the reason for some of your cheating or eating unhealthy is being in a rush due to a busy schedule.
Lets be realistic; all of us have just a little down time every day even if its just before we go to bed. So, my tip is to use this time wisely; either prepare yourself a healthy meal to be taken with you to work/school etc. as well as some snacks in ziplock bags (disposable and easy to carry) or plan your day with a food diary the day before, setting yourself a calorie goal and an outline to stick to. Its easy to do and doesn’t take long and it will stop you from cheating or eating on impulse because you will be more aware to stick to your outline. Lastly; if worst comes to worst and you really didn’t have time to do this, look up the calories of that big mac you’re about to dig in to because most likely the nutritional facts will turn you right off.
28. try to diet with friends that are on the same level with you because you will always eat more around people who eat a lot as you’ll be thinking “well… they’re having it so i might as well.” and therefore end up eating on impulse.
29. watch weight loss shows or look at “then & now” or “before & after” shows for inspiration; it gets you motivated!
30. This is an important one ladies. Stop hating on the skinny bitches, especially if you wanna be them. Hating won’t do the job, so if you aspire to look like them then get off your ass and run an extra lap instead of wishing. Nobody will do it for you, so do it for yourself. And if i come off as harsh, well i’m not trying to be. Just a little hardcore thinspiration. So come on skinnys!
31. When your cravings are acting up, Don’t give in. Keep your goal in mind, allow it to take over your mind and body. Allow yourself to never forget it. Keep it in sight. Keep pictures on your phone, keep a diet plan in your memos, make an exercise schedule, do everything you can to leave no time for cheats. This way you won’t give up. You won’t quit. You’ll get there; you just have to force your self through it.
32. Don’t fool yourself with negative calories. If you consumed it, count it.